Newest Milestone

Wren smile

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh sad day...

Friday was my first day back to work. I can't believe it's been almost 7 weeks since Wren came into our lives! Every day is a learning experience and I have really enjoyed getting to know her and taking care of her. Part of me has been a little excited about getting back to work. The structure of the school psychology model has changed and I was given a team leader position. I am a bit of a control freak so it has been really difficult to step away from work at a time of change. With all the change happening at work, I think I was able to avoid the reality that going back to work meant being without my little snuggle bunny baby during the day. It finally started to sink in Friday about 1 am. So I cried and cried for hours which made the 5:30 wake up call much more difficult than it needed to be. I am a little mad at myself for setting myself up in such a bad position for my first day!!
Luckily I am so behind at work so the hours passed very quickly. I was able to come home during lunch and spend some time with Wren. She looked like she had already changed since earlier this morning! It was a little sad seeing how quickly she can change. I have now realized that it has nothing to do with me being at work, she is just changing so quickly this week! I am glad that I get to spend evenings and weekends cuddling her and haven't missed a bedtime. I am also lucky that I get a few vacations in the next couple of months. Fall break is in 8 work days!! Even with all the positives that come from me working, it's still hard to leave this at home...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is sad. It is really hard to leave everyday. And sometimes Jen visits me at work with the kids (we do lunch), and then it is even harder to leave and separate again! (Twice in one day!)
On a positive note, it does make you appreciate things more.
(This is Sean, by the way)

Post a Comment